Monday, March 5, 2012

Peas Please


The peas have done so well in the later months of the winter garden.  I planted the same peas from the same seeds in the early fall months and they were very weak and spindly with a few anemic pods.

Now that it's cooled off, the vines are robust and hearty. I love watching them grow and the flowers are one of my favorites.   So much so, that I wanted sweet peas in my wedding bouquet. 


Peas remind me of my parents garden in zone 6a. I remember being young and picking and eating peas right off the vine. It's almost like a treasure hunt because the pea pods are the same exact color of the vines and leaves, tricky to find but awesome when you do.  Like the rest of the garden, the peas are arriving in snack size quantities, not enough for a meal but maybe that's for the best since they're so tasty right off the vine!


No comments:

Post a Comment