Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bad Breath Section

Here is a close up of the onion and garlic section, both making a first time appearance in the garden.  We were pretty brave this time around, trying out so many new things.  It's been fun!  
For some reason I thought I'd be able to tell them apart so I didn't label anything.   Yikes!  As  you can see for yourself, they all look exactly alike.


The theory with the onions is that we plant them all at once then harvest as needed.  The first few to be picked will be more like a spring onion and the others just grow bigger and get picked at various stages. All delicious and no storage needed, we would essentially be storing them outside in the ground.  But, I forget they're there and I buy scallions from the store all the time.    So much for that plan.  Onion soup anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment