Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Culantro Failure


Failure times two.  I had 2 culantro plants going at the same time and neither one made it.   They were both in pots which is where I typically grow all of our herbs. Herbs tend to be invasive so I don't let them loose in the raised beds.   Both of the plants immediately went to seed when I potted them and then they stayed in a perpetual state of seeding until they turned black and dried up.

One of these plants was rescued from a neighbors pathway! I can't believe that I killed something that literally was walked on repeatedly.  My basil and oregano that are also in pots are still alive and doing well, so I'm concluding the culantro just doesn't like to be contained.  Next time I'll plop it into the main bed since it didn't seem to be aggressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment