Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Few Weeks Later?

Ruby and the marigolds
Here is the veggie garden a few weeks later.  I think it's been a few weeks anyway.  Looks like the cuke is at the top of the trellis, still has leaf miner damage. At this point though, I'm caring less and less. Can you see the teeny strawberry in there?  It's on the side nearest Ruby.

The bush bean in the middle is looking healthy, right? It is also a magnet for some kind of critter that likes to cut the leaf edge in a perfect triangle, fold it over and hide a little wormy caterpillar in there.  I pick a leaf off, next day another leaf edge is all tattered and cut up. By whom? Why, the incredibly aptly named bean leafroller. I'm not making that up.


I never knew lettuce could be so pretty

Peas Please

micro lettuce

bush bean
The bush bean is the only one flowering. No other flowers in site, but the garden is young yet. The strawberries are about a week behind everyone else. The agriculture extension says it is a September crop in my zone but none of the stores have them yet.

onward and upward!

watermelon

strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment