Thursday, December 29, 2011

So Proud!

Eureka!
It may not look like much, but I am so proud of this little veggie stash. In our last garden we got about 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes before the poor plants gave up. Now look!  A little bit of this and a little bit of that!  And even more still outside growing. Cool. Just too cool. I look at this picture and just smile, smile, smile. Nothing like Dad's haul but not too shabby.    Officially in this picture are green beans, red  and orange mini bell peppers, jalapenos and a tomato.  The hubby can't get over the color of the tomato, he says it's in HD because it's so red. I suppose in a man's world, that's a great compliment. 

The peppers are an interesting surprise. I bought orange "yummy" peppers from Lowes and it had 3 plants in the one container. I thought, score! Three plants for the price of one!  Turns out none of them are what they were labeled as. Two plants are the yummy size but not coming in orange, they go from green straight to red. The one plant that is actually orange is a different variety of mini bell pepper, not the same shape as a yummy. Still cool though, I'm not complaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment