Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Addition - Passion Vine


That right there is a teeny little passion fruit on the brand new vine I just got. Welcome to the family!  I had a question before on whether or not every passion vine made fruit or not. I never did find a definitive answer online but I noticed at the store that there were 2 different tags on the plants. One plant said passion flower.One plant said passion vine.

 
 The plant that said passion vine had the little fruit on it and it was the only one left. All of the other plants said passion flower and there was not a fruit in sight on any of them. Coincidence?   The 1 year old vine I have now has big beautiful flowers and no fruit. I thought at first that maybe it just needed a season to mature then set some fruit. But then why would this tiny little plant already have a passion fruit on it? 

Even if my hunch isn't correct, the flowers are so amazing that I won't mind having another vine in the yard.  But imagine if the new vine does get a fruit or two, how cool would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment