Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pineapple Tops


Here are the pineapple tops that I have growing in some pots in the yard. I'm a little bit obsessed with these guys these days. I'm still fascinated with the whole process and I eye up the pineapples in the store and wonder if there is an empty pot at home.  I have 4 growing right now, but I see many more in my future!  When I first plant mine, they do get quite a bit brown before they perk up and start throwing out new bright green growth. The one up top is a few weeks old.  The one just below was planted a month or two ago. You can see the new green growth in the center. 


I think I'm gonna trim these guys up and take off all of the brown leaves. They don't look so hot in these pics but they seem quite happy in person.



The plant below is the oldest of them all, probably a good 3 months old. You can see lots of nice new green growth coming from the center.  I look forward to watching them slowly grow, even if they never produce a pineapple they'll at least be really nice tropical plants!


No comments:

Post a Comment