Saturday, January 28, 2012

Garden Gear Review - Spyderco Tenacious



This is one of my buddies in the field, so to say.  Let's meet the Spyderco Tenacious, a folding knife with a 3.375 inch blade, a total length of 7.75 inches and a closed length of 4.438 inches. The Hubby is a well prepared fella and thinks everyone should be too. He gifted this knife to me and it has come in handy on plenty of occasions.


This exact one is partially serrated but it can also b e purchased with a fully serrated or completely non-serrated blade. The blade locks open with a nice secure lock that doesn't slip or close on it's own. You really do have to unlock it to close it which is a good thing in my mind, the last thing I want is a knife to surprise me by closing on my fingers.


 It has a good weight to it and a great size which is nice for finding it easily on a ledge or in a pocket. I've used it to cut through the irrigation tubing, harvest veggies, cut vines, score root bound plants and open bags of compost. Each time the knife has performed very well. Hubby says it sharpens very well and very easily.


Beckie's Bottom Line: The Tenacious costs around $30.00 and is a great knife at an excellent price point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment