Monday, January 16, 2012

Let's Go Shopping - Garden Apron Addition

Hmm, I need my scissors...where did I leave them?  Hmm, I need that flexi garden tape to tie up this plant....where did I leave that?  Hmm, I need my gloves.....where did those go?  Hmm, I just picked this tomato.....where do I put it until I go in the house?

This happens over and over in the garden, I put things down then walk away and need it in another spot later. Or, I pick a ripe veggie and have no where to put it.  I try to jam things in my pockets but alot of my pants don't have them or I'm in my work clothes and would prefer not to jam tomatoes in there. So I figure that I need a garden apron, someplace to keep my tools handy and a place to stash the fresh picked veggies.  Now which one to get? Let's go shopping!

I found that there are 2 general types, a full apron with a section that covers your chest and then a smaller apron covering only the waist area. These are my favorite full length aprons:

Esschert Design Canvas Tool Apron






Plow & Hearth Embroidered Logo Duck Apron

Look at all of those pockets, I could tuck all sorts of little things in there! Oh yeah.  One of my favorite things to do is tuck items away, just ask my poor hubby, he can never find anything!  Which I fear would be my downfall with these types of aprons. By the time I fill these little beauties up, the apron would weigh a ton and then I wouldn't use it :(  So, lets see the second category of aprons, the smaller options:
Laura Ashley Garden Apron
Dramm ColorWear Garden Apron














These definitely don't have the same amount of pockety goodness, but they're probably more practical for my needs.  The main things I need are a kangaroo pouch to carry the veggies I pick, then a few spaces to put scissors, folding knife, seed packets, gloves and garden tape.  It's funny to see all of the cell phone pockets, isn't it? I guess gardening has gone towards the trendy set. The Laura Ashley one is pretty but the Dramm has a few more functional pluses so that's the one I'm leaning towards.   In the back of my mind, I'm also taking into consideration which one would make a less comfy home for the multitude of lizards in the yard. Anytime you set down an item for more than a few minutes, the lizards are setting up a cozy hideaway. I hate that! It scares me and makes me scream every time! Every. single. time.

No comments:

Post a Comment