Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growing Seeds - White Tomato

About a week old

For Christmas I asked for and received (Thanks Mom and Sis #1!) some seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds (rareseeds.com). This place has all sorts of cool things to grow. The company story is amazing too, think 18 year old starts his own companyIn each order so far, there has been a "free gift", a packet of seeds to try out. Amazingly cool. One of the free gifts were these White Tomosol Tomatoes. I'm enjoying watching them grow from seed. It's one of my favorite things to do, I love watching things grow. Dad didn't do too much seed sowing other than direct sowing of things like peas, so I'm on my own here.
About two weeks old

I'm trying to be optimistic, but these little guys have a long way to go. I'd consider it a success if I can get even 1 plant to actually produce a white tomato. I can't wait to see if they grow green then turn white, or if they are white right from the beginning. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment